[CentOS] postfix problem since update: mail loops back to myself

Alex Palenschat alex at nssmgmt.com
Fri Sep 22 16:55:45 UTC 2006

> David Hrbáč wrote:
> > OK, so let's sum it up.
> >
> > Let's have domain1.tld and domain2.tld.
> >
> > domain1.tld has:
> > 20 server.domain2.tld
> > 10 server.domain1.tld
> >
> > domain2.tld has:
> > 20 server.domain1.tld
> > 10 server.domain2.tld
> >
> > on server.domain1.tld we need to have:
> > domain1.tld within virtual domains or local domain
> domain2.tld within
> > transport
> >
> > on server.domain2.tld we need to have:
> > domain2.tld within virtual domains or local domain
> domain1.tld within
> > transport
> >

> that's correct.

I am a bit noobish with postfix and think you would be better served by posting to the postfix-users mailing list, but have you ruled out name resolution as the culprit? Is it possible that bind has also been updated at the same time. Where does your resolver on the mail server think the backup domain is? Also, did your /etc/hosts file change in the upgrade or subsequent to that?
Just a guess,

alex