[CentOS] vmware-time update issues and typematic issues

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 03:10:32 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 19:19, rado wrote:
> wow, I can't really type this in as normal! I'll type it in again but
> duck!
>
> woooooow I caan'''tt  rrrrreeeeeaaaalllyyy tttttyppppeeee tthiiiss   inn
> aaaaaaaas     noormmmmaaaaaalllll!!!!!!

http://kb.vmware.com/vmtnkb/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=2308&sliceId=SAL_Public
and this for the clock speed

http://kb.vmware.com/vmtnkb/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=VMTN-F219-T51781-M460961&sliceId=M460961&dialogID=2222005&stateId=0%200%202220529&doctag=Forum%20Posts

> ::sigh::  and I don't even drink!
>
> I  have read spots where it could be problems w/the kernel and AMD's
> newer tech "Cool and Quiet". I really dunno which way to take w/this

An alternative would be to enable XDCMP logins and use Xnest
to connect to the virtual machines directly instead of
using the console program.   Likewise you can use rdesktop
to connect to the terminal services (desktop sharing on XP)
on windows boxes.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com