[CentOS] Crontab not working....

Ian mu mu.llamas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 10:17:15 UTC 2006

Hiya, thanks for that Wil, gives me some ideas. I notice the Bad file
descriptor error in there, I've pasted the part there it starts to run it
below (I'm only using touch as a basic test as other cron entries don't
work, touch outside of cron works fine). I'm a bit clueless looking at the
rest really though, is it definitely the bad file descriptor thats causing
it, and any ideas why as its fine outside of cron?

read(6, "03 11 * * * /bin/touch /home/log"..., 4096) = 47
lseek(6, 47, SEEK_SET)                  = 47
read(6, "", 4096)                       = 0
read(6, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(6)                                = 0
munmap(0x2a9556c000, 4096)              = 0
close(6)                                = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)
getdents64(5, /* 0 entries */, 4096)    = 0
close(5)                                = 0
time(NULL)                              = 1159179661
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, [CHLD], [], 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGCHLD, NULL, {0x552aaad780, [], SA_RESTORER|SA_RESTART,
0x2a959b7410}, 8) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, [], NULL, 8) = 0
nanosleep({60, 0},  <unfinished ...>