[CentOS] Problem installing Centos on laptop

Mace Eliason meliason at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 25 14:54:23 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have been trying to install Centos 4.4 on my laptop with no success.  I
have just purchased a new Acer 5100 laptop with AMD Turion 64x2
1Gig ram 120Gig HD.

I have tried the 64bit and the 32 bit versions but have the same problem
with both of them.  I can do the complete install but when the computer
reboot it will hang on the hardware detection on the network right after
where it says Centos 4.4 final. I have let it sit for about 20min and it
won't pass that point.

I have also tried Fedora code 5 with the same results.  Ubuntu 6.06.1 64 bit
installs and works fine but will lock up randomly and requires a hard
reboot.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks

Scandog