[CentOS] Re: SOLVED?? Pls help on configuring autofs on NFS

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Tue Sep 26 05:33:35 UTC 2006

On Monday 25 September 2006 19:43, Kay Diederichs wrote:
> I would use
> /nfs   /etc/auto.nfs   --timeout=60
> which will mount server:/home/nfstest at /nfs/nfstest , and just symlink
> /home/nfstest to /nfs/nfstest .

After a second thought...
I modify this:

/mnt    /etc/auto.nfs   --timeout=60    -fstype=nfs

*       -rw,soft,intr

And finally, I also modify the home directory of user: nfstest in /etc/passwd
file from /home/nfstest to /mnt/nfstest

Try logon as nfstest, and... voila!! It works!!
Is this the correct way? Especially do I need to modify the home directory of
the user in /etc/passwd?

Thank you very much.

12:33pm up 3:46, GNU/Linux