[CentOS] named issue

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Wed Sep 27 12:22:28 UTC 2006

On Tue, September 26, 2006 5:02 pm, Ivan Arteaga wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed centos 4.3, it has been working fine but today I couldn't
> use the dns service. I try to check the named status and got the following
> :
> rndc: Couldn't find server 'localhost': Name or service not known
> I will appreciate any help, it is a production box and i have to fix it
> asap.
> Regards,

a google of that error: "rndc: Couldn't find server 'localhost'" returned
the following results.

The following post on an HP forum might be a good place to start.

however, without any more information that just the error message there
isn't much else we can offer you.

If you've found a wise man then you've found a man that was at one time an
idiot and lived long enough to learn from his mistakes.