[CentOS] Bug in find command?

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Wed Sep 27 18:20:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 13:04 -0500, Steve Bergman wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 13:43 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
>
> > Please see my other reply.
> >
> > I specified the dot and it should have matched. Even if I'm wrong, we
> > still have a problem because it found ".c".
> >

> I don't see where you specified the dot.  To find any hidden files
> ending in .cmd you should have:
>
> find . -name '.*.cmd'
>
> This is specifically mentioned on the man page.

C & P from my *original* post

<snip>
find . -iname '*.cmd' >/tmp/FilesFoundDotCmd
find . -iname '*.c' >/tmp/FilesFoundDotC

If *that* ain't a dot, I really need new glasses. As to what the man
states, you are correct of course. It has been this way since 1978, to
my knowledge.

I'm not always able to keep up with new stuff, but I sure hang on to old
stuff well!  :-)

> -Steve
> <snip sig stuff>

Thx