[CentOS] LAMP benchmarking tool

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 19:16:15 UTC 2006

On 9/27/06, Joseph Cheng <cheng.je at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone using a reliable Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP benchmarking suite?
> There are benchmark software for individual pieces but I hope there is
> one tool or several small tools that act together to give a picture of
> how long a request takes from entering Apache, to PHP, to MySQL and
> then back to the client.TIA!

ab (part of the httpd package) is good at this for limited results (no
cookie sessions things like that)
beyond this, I usually use some mozilla/firefox plugins to record
actions, and then 'play them' to stress the system. live-headers does
this, though not enough to really test. I forget the name of the other
plugin off-hand.

George Orwell