[CentOS] sendmail maillog rotation on centos 4

Alex Palenschat alex at nssmgmt.com
Wed Sep 27 20:57:44 UTC 2006

A stock install of CentOS 4 has logrotate running.

>From the man page:

Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named  after
       accounts  in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory.
Cron
       also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d
direc-
       tory,  which  are  in  a different format (see crontab(5)).

If you look at /etc/crontab you'll see the run-parts language calling
every script in the /etc/cron.daily|weekly|monthly directories.

alex