[CentOS] Trimming the fat out of a Centos 4.4 Installation

Erick Perez

eaperezh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 06:36:54 UTC 2006

Hi, just to avoid re-inventing the wheel, is there any document that
can help me reduce even further a "minimum" installation of Centos 4.4
(BTW can you say 600mb is minimum)?

I am in the process of creating a small Centos-4.4-based Asterisk box
and I need to boot it from a CF card. Deleting useless packages will
help me do what i want.
Example: even a minimum install of Centos 4.4 (or Redhat EL for what
is worth) includes CUPS, among other things.

Any document hyperlink will be more than welcomed!!

The result will be posted to the link for others to use.

Erick Perez
Panama Sistemas
Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
Panama, Republica de Panama
Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780