[CentOS] Lan Monitoring Software on Centos

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 12:36:56 UTC 2006

> I want to monitor Desktops & Laptops and want a daily, weekly,monthly
> reports for each and every client with the details like Bandwidth
> spend on www, mail, chatting. Company wants to track how much
> bandwidth each client is consuming and on what.
>
> Is there any such tool available? I am using Centos 4.0

There are several tools you can use to monitor bandwidth usage, and
display them as a graph with rrdtool or mrtg. The issue is breaking it
down by application. The easiest way to do that would be at the switch
level via a managed switch. Even then, you'd only be able to manage
port usage, and not necessarily application usage.

George Orwell