[CentOS] Yam not generating repomd.xml

Tue Sep 5 14:09:02 UTC 2006
Eduardo Grosclaude <eduardo.grosclaude at gmail.com>

I think I have obeyed the docs. Metadata in yam conf says repomd
(formerly createrepo but led to "unexisting --update option" message).
Conf is otherwise pretty close to examples. I have downloaded Centos
4.4 ISOs, I have done yam -gv, ISO files are correctly mounted and
published via HTTP, etc but no xml files are generated anywhere under
/var/www/yam. What am I overlooking? Can I have yam make repo metadata
if I have ISO files as well?
TIA

# yum list available
Setting up repositories
update                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
http://192.168.0.205/yam/centos4-i386/RPMS.os/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: acadsrv
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from acadsrv: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from acadsrv: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.
--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue