[CentOS] My 4.4 upgrades

Tue Sep 5 16:33:40 UTC 2006

My update method on two critical systems has been to use yumex.

I select all, unselect major apps that I recognize (bind, openssh, etc),
update and reboot.

The yumex to get those apps and another reboot (most likely not needed).

I have updated my notebook.  The only detected problems are: madwifi
drivers and lost Thunderbird icons in drawers (just had to go through
the properties and reselect the icon).  Too soon to tell about anything
deeper....

One server so far.  This is a new box that I built only a couple weeks
ago.  Update went fine.  I am now taring up the system as a checkpoint
before proceeding.

Two Trixboxes.  I am having that classic Trixbox problem with Centos and
Zaptel, so I have to reread the docs, as yum update fails with
unresolved dependencies.

So after some fear and doubt, I have made the leap!