[CentOS] Safely updating to 4.4 via yum (chicken)

Sun Sep 24 15:41:34 UTC 2006
techlist <techlist06 at msws.org>

Hi guys:

I saw the pelthora of threads where people had trouble moving to 4.4.  So
I'm chicken now and I was trying to wait for the dust to settle,  I suppose
it has and its been long enough I'm nervous about not upgrading.  I need to
do a  a production server that is located in a data center far away so even
more than normal I want a smooth upgrade.

Can someone tell the what the concensous was on the best way to do the
upgrade and avoid problems.  From my notes I got:

yum upgrade python-sqlite
yum upgrade sqllite
yum upgrade yum
yum clean all
yum update

But at least one guy said his box was still hosed with duplicates and a
broken bind after that.

What's the method to upgrade 4.3-> 4.4 with the highest change of sucess?

Thanks very much for the help.

Scott