[CentOS] Cron Problem

Sun Sep 3 00:51:19 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 19:37 -0400, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> William L. Maltby wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 16:25 -0400, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> >> /dev/shm/local
> >
> > I'd start viewing the /etc/cron* stuff to see if you can see anything
> > there.
> >
> > And run something like this
> >
> >   rpm -q --file /dev/shm/local
> >
> > to see if you can find the package with which they are associated.
>
> That file doesn't exist on my system either.
>
> I have looked at all the crontab files that is /etc/cron.* and
> /var/spool/cron/* to see if there is any entry that is setup to run
> every minute, and I haven't found one.  I'm totally miffed by this.

Maybe you can see it in "top"? Or Run the sar reports? As to the one
minute intervals, that's not surprising. What happens is cron makes a
check every minute (at least it historically used to) to see if there's
anything it needs to do.  A shared memory segment might be it's way of
queuing and tracking? Maybe there's something in /usr/share/doc about
it? Or maybe a google?

> Matt
> <snip sig stuff>

HTH