[CentOS] Backspace key is sending Delete after update to 4.4 (tcsh issue?)

Mon Sep 4 01:15:38 UTC 2006
Alfred von Campe <alfred at 110.net>

On Sep 3, 2006, at 20:21, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> One thing to circunvect this problem (on xterm at least) is to add:
>
> *xterm*backarrowKey: true

Or you can do a "xterm -xrm '*xterm*backarrowKey: true'" as well.
The funny thing is, I thought I tried this, but I couldn't get it to
work (I must have made a typo in the resource name).

> And now I can name the culprid for the problem, and it is the xterm
> package.
>
> The file:
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XTerm
>
> on 4.4 has some VT100 extra lines, including these one:
>
> ! keyboard setup
> *VT100*backarrowKey: false

Excellent detective work!  I'll check what this file looks like on
our systems at work (which are still running CentOS 4.3) when I get
back into the office on Tuesday.

> This e-mail is bouncing all around cause I was writing it as I tested.
> I decided to leave it as such, since most people around don't
> understand
> about X Resources, and this could provide some interesting pointers
> for
> learning.

I used to be an X-Windows developer, so I am very familiar with
resources, but I had forgotten where the default resources are kept.

Alfred