[CentOS] Access email and addressbook from everywhere

Mon Sep 4 01:41:41 UTC 2006
John Summerfied <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Craig White wrote:

> ----
> that of course doesn't satisfy the need for a universal address book
> which LDAP fits the bill but there is a bit of a hurdle...

I'm not convinced I want my LDAP servers accessible to the world.

Should the need arise, I'd contemplate a VPN (using openvpn) from
outside, and maybe regularly review access regularly. (so as to limit
damage from stolen laptops, broken windows boxes etc).
"You're going away? Back Monday week?"
<click><click>
"Okay, you have access until Monday. Email me before then for an extension."

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait