[CentOS] centos minimal install???

Wed Sep 6 11:13:38 UTC 2006
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

David Hrbáč wrote:
> Aleksandar Milivojevic napsal(a):
>> It can go even lower if doing kickstart install.  Define packages
>> section as:
>>
>> %packages --nobase
>>
>> By default, core and base groups of packages are always installed.  The
>> "--nobase" option tells Anaconda not to include base group.  You can add
>> things you need later on.
>>

> Yes, as mentioned Aleksandar, stick with kickstart. For servers I also
> use this within ks:
>
> yum -y remove \
> apmd \
> atk \
> bluez* \

Hmmm....  You know, you could also list packages you want to exclude in
%packages section by prepending them with dash.  Something like

%packages --nobase
-apmd
-atk
-bluez

The only downside is, if package is required by something else that gets
installed, it will be reincluded (while yum method will also remove the
dependency).