[CentOS] mount ntfs file system

Wed Sep 6 12:20:21 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 9/6/06, dxuranus <dxuranus at gmail.com> wrote:
> i learned that ntfs file system not supported by centos.

Not in the default kernel, as that matches what RH ships upstream.
Support for NTFS is in the centosplus kernel however.

> and i try to tell my system version with uname -r and find my version is
> 2.6.9-22.EL so i download the
> kernel-module-ntfs-2.6.9-22.ELsmp-2.1.20-0.rr.9.10.i686.rpm

You REALLY need to update. That kernel is about 4 versions old and has
a couple security holes.

> but after rpm -ivh .....................
> i do't know how to do?
mkdir /mnt/ntfs
mount -t ntfs /dev/<drive+partition>  /mnt/ntfs

If you want the change to stick, edit /etc/fstab as needed.

George Orwell