Fwd: [CentOS] Sudo(ers) distrobution system/script

Thu Sep 7 14:17:45 UTC 2006
Debbie Tropiano <debbiet at arlut.utexas.edu>

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 09:21:06AM +0100, Philip Reynolds wrote:
> On 9/7/06, Nick <list at everywhereinternet.com> wrote:
> >Just wondering if anyone out there is using sudo across a bunch of
> >machines and has a system/script for painlessly distributing a master
> >sudoers file? is it as easy as a daily cronjob running wget/scp/rsync?
>
> I do, but I use the group access directive '%' to give access to
> people in the 'wheel' group.

We've added a group to our NIS group map and then use that with the %
directive to give access to the people in that group.  Thus it only
requires an update to a single NIS map and, if desired immediately,
a NIS map push (ours are set to automatically update regularly so the
push isn't needed if we're willing to wait).

Debbie
--
| Debbie Tropiano                            |  debbiet at arlut.utexas.edu   |
| Environmental Sciences Laboratory          |     +1 512 835 3367 w       |