ACID-compliant filesystem (was:Re: [CentOS] Re: centos] 4.4 upgrade problems)

Sun Sep 10 20:13:30 UTC 2006
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 11:16, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 08:08:15PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > Isn't that what LVM snapshots are supposed to provide?
>
> A yum plugin to do an lvm snapshot before any actions would be cool.

I think somewhere in the fine print it says that LVM snapshots
don't work on the root filesystem or the tools don't support
it completely - at least that's what they are saying on the
lvm mail list.  Probably the same sort of issue where changes
in the system affect the currently running programs that is
causing the problem you want to avoid - and this just moves
it somewhere else.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com