[CentOS] Yum update frozen

Mon Sep 11 20:50:07 UTC 2006
M. Fioretti <mfioretti at mclink.it>

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 22:33:36 PM +0200, Vincent Knecht
(vknecht at club-internet.fr) wrote:

> erm, well, I got that too (freeze of yum update in cleanup stage).
> When I finally went to the console, the server was spitting lots of ext3
> (filesystem) error messages :-(
> I had no other option than restart the barbarian way (I had the magic SysRq
> disabled, so maybe you can avoid that),

SOrry, what is, in this case, the "barbarian way"? This is a remote
server on UM Linux. What I can do is to log in at the emergency
console, or whatever the ISP calls it, and type a halt command
there. Is this what you are suggesting?

Also, I don't understand the "magic SysRq disabled part. What do you
mean?

> So I'd say check if there are messages on the console

typing C-z, C-c, what?

THanks,
Marco