[CentOS] Yum update to 4.4 stamps all over rndc.conf

Mon Sep 11 23:03:09 UTC 2006
Daniel Senie <dts at senie.com>

At 06:04 PM 9/11/2006, chrism at imntv.com wrote:
>Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
>>
>>On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 09:31:28PM +0100, Peter Farrow wrote:
>>
>>>Hi There,
>>>
>>>Just thought I would let you know that if you yum update from 4.3
>>>to 4.4 the file /etc/rndc.conf gets overwritten and no
>>>rndc.conf.rpmsave file is created.
>>>
>>>This has happened consistently on several 32 bit servers I have
>>>recently been asked to update!
>>>

>>Just thought I would let you know that it didn't happen on any of my
>>servers updated from 4.3 to 4.4.
>>

>It didn't happen to any of my servers either (thankfully...since
>some of them are serving DNS for several zones).

To be clear, after the update on my systems, BIND still worked fine.
It was only the interaction between RNDC and BIND that was a mess. A
bit of editing restored functionality. In reality it was mostly just
annoyance, but we do have automated scripts that rely heavily on rndc
to kick named in various ways, and those all broke.