[CentOS] 2.6.9-42.ELsmp kernel and 3ware 9550 tools

Tue Sep 12 20:28:38 UTC 2006
chrism at imntv.com <chrism at imntv.com>

Bowie Bailey wrote:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:41:57AM -0400, Bowie Bailey enlightened us:
>>
>>> I have the latest kernel with the drivers for my 3ware 9550SX
>>> built in. Where can I find the tools and monitoring apps for this
>>> card?  Are there rpms hiding somewhere, or do I need to build it
>>> from source?
>>>
>> If you want package management, I've attached the spec files I use.
>> They're nosrc, so you'll have to download the code from 3ware's
>> website, but at least afterwards they'll be managed by rpm.
>>

> Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.
>
> I found and installed the 3dm2 utility from the CD packaged with the
> controller.  Just a note for anyone else doing this...  If you do the
> install from their menu, the install window will close before you have
> a chance to read the instructions on finishing the setup.  Do the
> 3dm2 install from the command line to save yourself some confusion.

This is all very welcome and timely info.  My new pile media servers
w/9550's just arrived.  I think I'll go sit down and read War and Peace
while the 6TB arrays are formatting....sigh....computers have gotten so
much faster over the years, but disks still format at a snail's pace.  :(