[CentOS] kernel-2.6.9-42.0.2 and LVM

Wed Sep 13 11:35:10 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 14:30 +0800, Feizhou wrote:
> Sep 13 12:18:56 sfe fsck: /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 is mounted.
> Sep 13 12:18:56 sfe fsck: e2fsck: Cannot continue, aborting.
> Sep 13 12:18:56 sfe rc.sysinit: Checking root filesystem failed
>
> I had updated the box a few days ago but I had not rebooted with the new
> kernel. After the reboot, I get the root filesystem is not marked clean
> message and also that it was not mounted read-only. I supplied the root
> password, remounted read-only, did the obligatory fsck and hit ctrl-D.
>
> Guess what? I get the same message! In addition, there were no error
> messages during the fsck to boot.
>
> Anyone else encounter this?

I wish I could offer more. I reply only because I know what it is like
when no one responds. I have not had any problems similar to what you
describe. If it would be helpful, I'll be glad to compare/discuss any
differences between our LVM and/or boot setups to see if we can ID the
problem.

Have you done an ls -a on that file system? I seem to recall seeing some
hidden files that can lay around that are related to fsck auto-check on
boot? Not sure about that.

--
Bill