[CentOS] Re: Strange screen-blanking problem

Fri Sep 15 04:27:48 UTC 2006
Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com>

On 9/6/06, Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com> wrote:
> been having sporadic instances where the screen simply goes black for
> about 2 seconds.  It has nothing to do with whether I'm using the
> mouse or keyboard (or not)

Just in case anybody was paying attention to this ...

Evidently the blanking has something to do with the machine being on a
KVM switch with another computer (which happens to be a Mac Mini, but
that doesn't seem to be relevant as it was powered off).  I thought I
had ruled out the KVM before I posted the first time -- among other
things, why would rebooting the linux machine fix a failure in the
KVM? -- but the problem has not recurred since plugging the monitor
directly into the computer.

This isn't 100% conclusive because I've gone days or weeks without
this happening in the past, but it's the first time I've gotten the
problem to go away without rebooting.