[CentOS] Re: Strange screen-blanking problem

Sat Sep 16 14:06:11 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 22:22 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On 9/15/06, William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> > I guess I should admonish you to search the lists first?
>
> I did, but all the KVM problems I found were mouse trouble, not video.

Good man! Following on the track though, you said that if you hooked the
monitor direct, NP? If so, there is a reason to consider that maybe the
same KVM problem that caused mice to die could be responsible? If you
can beg, borrow, ... a loaner to test with, maybe it confirms whether or
not that is the problem.

Also consider this. Maybe one of the ports on your KVM is bad? Have you
tried rotating the connections to see if the problem travels (assuming
its not the port that accepts the monitor connection itself, but that's
possible too).

> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--