[CentOS] CentOs 4.X and APF firewall issues

Thu Sep 21 17:45:04 UTC 2006
Andrew Cotter <andrew.cotter at somersetcapital.com>

I had this sort of thing happen almost two years ago on a 2650 with apf
(prior version).  We do have it runnning on a few Dell boxes (750, 1850, and
2650) with out an issues today and on version back.  I doubt it would be
kernel related.  What are the settings in your conf.apf?

Anything in the logs?  Some cron job firing off when it happens? Do you have
something feeding it a block list of sorts?
 What is the USE_AD=   setting set at?

Have you asked Ryan @ rfxnetworks?  I believe that is his name anyway.

Andrew

  -----Original Message-----
  From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org]On
Behalf Of Steph
  Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 1:04 PM
  To: centos at centos.org
  Subject: [CentOS] CentOs 4.X and APF firewall issues

  -->
  Hi,

  We have 7 Dell 2850 servers with dual xeon 3 gig processors running the
APF firewall version 0.9.6  http://rfxnetworks.com/apf.php

  They run fine for a day or two, then suddenly lock out all incoming
connections, other than the backend IP, sometimes restarting the firewall
resolves this, but occasionally we may have to leave it 10 mins or so before
restarting where it will actually allow connections again.

  Has anyone had this issue themselves, or does anyone successfully running
Cent0s 4.X with the 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp kernel have a sample
/etc/apf/config.apf I could take a look at?

  Thanks in advance

  Stephanie Royle.