[CentOS] How to reattach to a failed ssh session or process

Fri Sep 22 04:18:27 UTC 2006
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 12:32, Trevor Benson wrote:
> > Or, depending on your bandwidth and how you feel about GUI's,
> > look at VNC (using the module to export your console screen
> > or vncserver for separate long-running sessions).
>
> I thouroughly enjoy using the FreeNX software to connect to
> sessions.  IMHO cleaner and faster then VNC and RDP, plus uses
> ssh for the port access so no extra firewall rules or services
> directly accessible.

I agree freenx is very nice, but I've had trouble reconnecting
to sessions, especially from clients with different screen
sizes.  Maybe that's been fixed in recent updates, but
sometimes the session you want to pick up remotely is the
one you left running on the console and I think the vnc
module for X is the only way you can do that - and you
can tunnel the connection through ssh if you want.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com