[CentOS] Problem deleting an active route

Fri Sep 22 07:01:19 UTC 2006
Dale <lists at ehome.net>

Hello,

Distro is a standard CentOS 4.4. Nothing unusual is installed or is
running on this box as it was just setup a couple of weeks ago.

As root, I type:
    ./route del -net 169.254.0.0

which returns an error of:

SIOCDELRT: Invalid argument

This route shows up in Webmin as well as when I type: ./route

This is not configured as a network interface anyplace I can see. eth0
has a legitimate, public IP assigned to it

Dale