[CentOS] vmware-time update issues and typematic issues

Sat Sep 23 08:48:50 UTC 2006
rado <rado at rivers-bend.com>

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 22:10 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 19:19, rado wrote:
> > wow, I can't really type this in as normal! I'll type it in again but
> > duck!
> >
> > woooooow I caan'''tt  rrrrreeeeeaaaalllyyy tttttyppppeeee tthiiiss   inn
> > aaaaaaaas     noormmmmaaaaaalllll!!!!!!
> >

> http://kb.vmware.com/vmtnkb/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=2308&sliceId=SAL_Public
> and this for the clock speed
>
> http://kb.vmware.com/vmtnkb/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=VMTN-F219-T51781-M460961&sliceId=M460961&dialogID=2222005&stateId=0%200%202220529&doctag=Forum%20Posts
>
> > ::sigh::  and I don't even drink!
> >
> > I  have read spots where it could be problems w/the kernel and AMD's
> > newer tech "Cool and Quiet". I really dunno which way to take w/this
>
> An alternative would be to enable XDCMP logins and use Xnest
> to connect to the virtual machines directly instead of
> using the console program.   Likewise you can use rdesktop
> to connect to the terminal services (desktop sharing on XP)
> on windows boxes.

Saving these little gems, although both problems are seemingly 1/2 assed
under control now...we shall see...btw this is normal typing.

last nite I rebooted and in cmos actuall enabled typmatic rate to it's
minimums so it so maybe it's actually making it mind.

right now system times are off 2 mins after all nite ...yest. that would
have been 10-12hrs. I stopped all ntp or whatever that is...going out to
one of the time servers...just getting time from the host system.

I have no clue if these 2 tweaks will hold over time but It did have all
nite to gain time as it was doing and didn't

thx

John