[CentOS] SOLVED?? Pls help on configuring autofs on NFS

Mon Sep 25 11:57:15 UTC 2006
Gavin Carr <gavin at openfusion.com.au>

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 06:45:19PM +0700, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> If I do this to mount, it works:
> cd /home/nfstest/nfstest
>
> Is it the intended steps?
>
> I'm not sure because, when I tried to logon as nfstest, it first fails, then
> it works when I do 'cd nfstest'
>
> Can anyone comment on this?

That's because you've got this in auto.master:

  /home/nfstest   /etc/auto.nfs   --timeout=60

That means that /home/nfstest is the automount root _under_
which you are going to automount your directories.

Your probably actually want:

  /home   /etc/auto.nfs   --timeout=60

Cheers,
Gavin

--
Gavin Carr
Open Fusion - Open Source Business Solutions [ Linux - Perl - Apache ]