[CentOS] Re: Safely updating to 4.4 via yum (chicken)

Tue Sep 26 07:20:13 UTC 2006
Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il>

Scott Silva wrote:

>techlist06 spake the following on 9/25/2006 2:51 PM:
>

>Besides fire and explosions! Sorry, that is for Dell laptops.  ;-)
>
>That is the recommended steps, but I would put the first three on one line like;
>yum update yum sqlite python-sqlite
>just in case of a dependency problem.

Definitely on *one line*. I tried running them separately, and after
'yum update sqlite ' the other updates would not run. yum froze looking
for the local cache. To overcome this I had to do:
rpm -e yum sqlite python-sqlite
then I download the 4.3 versions of each of these rpms, and installed
them, Then:
yum update yum sqlite python-sqlite
and finally:
yum update