[CentOS] DNS help: "unexpected rcode (SERVFAIL)"??

Wed Sep 27 18:05:23 UTC 2006
Ajay Sharma <ssharma at revshare.com>

Feizhou wrote:
> Ajay Sharma wrote:
>> Recently I'm getting these errors on my slave when adding new domains:
>>
>> Sep 26 13:48:27 hosting named[1668]: zone wholesaletvtime.com/IN:
>> refresh: unexpected rcode (SERVFAIL) from master 207.218.174.4#53
>>
>> The master/slave transfers work for the other 1000+ domains that I have,
>> just not the handful of new ones that I just added after the CentOS 4.3
>> -> 4.4 upgrade.
>>
>> I regenerated the rndc.conf file and added the control stuff to the
>> /etc/named.conf file so 'rndc status' works on both machines.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> What do the logs on ns1 say regarding ns2's transfer request? Is ns3
> also a slave?

ns2 and ns3 are both on the same machine.  ns3 is essentially "phased out".

going through my logs I'm noticing that the transfers aren't happening
for any domain so this is a larger problem...

Can someone explain to me why a centos 4.3 to 4.4 upgrade would do this?

--Ajay

--
Satyajot (Ajay) Sharma
REVShare