[CentOS] Installling network printer

Thu Sep 28 18:49:19 UTC 2006
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 at 12:13pm, Ivan Arteaga wrote

> I'm trying to install the Xerox docuprint 4517 driver in my centos box but I
> cannot see the driver in the drivers list when I try t add the printer.
>
> - I download the file Linuxi386XPXX_4.00.60.tar from the Xerox site which is
> the printer driver.
> - did untar the file in the install directory.
> - ran the setup file
> - reboot the server
>
> After doing this I still cannot see the driver..

>From the looks of things that printer supports PCL5e (and PS if it's the
mp model).  Pick a printer that closely resembles it, and make sure it's
using the 'hpijs' driver.

If the printer is the mp model and has PS, just download the PPD file from
Xerox and either a) put that in /usr/share/cups/model and use 'lpadmin' to
add the printer or b) ISTR seeing a "import PPD" option somewhere in the
system-config-printer tool.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering