[CentOS] Centos 4.92

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Apr 1 22:53:50 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:
> The size hard-coded into Anaconda isn't usually the size RH actually
> builds, see the FC ISO sizes above.

The size actually changes based on the best-fit that the tree spliters
are using.

> I don't see how putting the same packages on the same ISOs (which I
> don't think can be what you do since you won't have separate client and
> server sets), or making the images sizes the same is necessary to
> "clone" RHEL. What matters in that respect is that, as far as possible,
> ir works the same and has the same compatibilities with third-party
> software, and works the same on any particular hardware. CentOS has
> never cloned Red Hat's delivery process, and this is part of delivery.

Its also a question of why. Based on size's now, you are not going to
cut down on the number of cd's you need by going to 700MB per CD ISO.
And the total data you need to download is exactly the same.

And there is a lot of media out there thats still 650mb, so we'd like to
keep things working with them as well.

- KB