[CentOS] Where is the LVM config stored?

WipeOut

wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 3 10:40:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to migrate one of my systems to a VMware virtual machine..
The PC is an IDE drive using LVM and the virtual machine is a SCSI drive
using ordinary partitions..

Basically I rsynced the entire filesystem from the physical to the
virtual machine and that seemed to work just fine.. I installed grub
onto the drive in the virtual machine and its booting fine..

The problem comes when the new system trys to scan for the LVM setup
that was on the previous PC.. I thought it would scan the drive, and
seen that there are no LVM partitions and move on but it doesn't it has
a kernel panic and flashes the cap lock and scroll lock LED's on the
keyboard.. Obviously somewhere its being told there should be an LVM
partition or its being told to scan hda rather than sda..

I have checked the grub.conf and fstab files and they are all right for
the new drive setup..

So where is the LVM config? How do I tell it there are now LVM volumes
that need to be accessed?

Thanks..