[CentOS] Move from FC6 to CentOS5

Marc Saric marc.saric at gmx.de
Tue Apr 3 16:34:15 UTC 2007

centos at 911networks.com wrote:
> How difficult will it be to move from a server from FC6 to CentOS?
> No X needed, it's a server.

If this is a production system, I would assume, that a fresh install
would be the way to go. Maybe you can save some time by rescuing your
config files, i.e. mostly stuff from /etc, but I would not bet that
things are 100% similar there.

I have moved data from home-dirs relatively painless between FC installs
after deletion/new clean install of desktop systems, but would not want
to do so on a server (and unless this is a SAMBA-server or similar,
there might not be much stuff lying around in /home.

--
Bye,

Marc Saric