[CentOS] Re: Installing centos in a Compaq ML350 G5

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Apr 3 21:43:55 UTC 2007

CARLOS CERRATO spake the following on 4/3/2007 1:29 PM:
> yes. that sounds fine.
>
> I will try it.
>
> by the way.  what's the ultimate version of Centos?
>
> I read somewhere that they are going for 5.x?

There is no "ultimate" version of CentOS. There is a version corresponding to
each RedHat Enterprise Linux version. There have been Versions 2.1, 3, 4, and
very soon 5, all based on the same RedHat version. The minor numbers
(IE the .4 in 4.4, etc.) correspond to the updated releases that RedHat does
roughly twice a year.
If you are trying to use a driver disk for RedHat, they usually mention which
update set they are for.

I have 2 ML350's but they are the g4p variation. CentOS 4 runs great on them.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and