[CentOS] Problem with gettid() on CentOS 5/gcc 4.1.1

Alfred von Campe alfred at 110.net
Wed Apr 4 03:34:31 UTC 2007

On Apr 3, 2007, at 21:47, JJ Scott wrote:

> [root at localhost /]# rpm -qf /usr/include/linux/unistd.h
> kernel-headers-2.6.18-8.el5
>
> [root at localhost /]# cat /usr/include/linux/unistd.h
> #ifndef _LINUX_UNISTD_H_
> #define _LINUX_UNISTD_H_
>

> /*
>  * Include machine specific syscallX macros
>  */
> #include <asm/unistd.h>
>
> #endif /* _LINUX_UNISTD_H_ */

Looks like the _syscall[0-6] macros no longer exist in RHEL 5/CentOS
5.  So, what does that mean if you want to use something like gettid
() that requires it (or something equivalent)?  The following man
pages reference _syscall[0-6] on a CentOS 4.4 system (I don't have
access to a CentOS 5 beta system from home, but I'll be checking it
tomorrow):

/usr/share/man/man2/clone.2.gz
/usr/share/man/man2/getdents.2.gz
/usr/share/man/man2/gettid.2.gz
/usr/share/man/man2/intro.2.gz
/usr/share/man/man2/llseek.2.gz
/usr/share/man/man2/mmap2.2.gz
/usr/share/man/man2/modify_ldt.2.gz
/usr/share/man/man2/pivot_root.2.gz
/usr/share/man/man2/readdir.2.gz
/usr/share/man/man2/setup.2.gz
/usr/share/man/man2/sysctl.2.gz
/usr/share/man/man2/syslog.2.gz
/usr/share/man/man2/tkill.2.gz

A quick search on the Red Hat Bugzilla system did not find anything
on this topic.  It sure does smell like an upstream bug/issue/
something to me...

Alfred