[CentOS] Re: software raid

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Apr 4 03:38:00 UTC 2007

Feizhou wrote:
> Richard Karhuse wrote:
>>
>> What I have some success with (and very limited sample)
>> are the commands of the form:

> Ah, the magic Linux scsi hotswap command.

I thought that was disabled in standard kernel drivers in kernel 2.6 due
to a kernel design decision that /proc wasn't suitable for this sort of
thing, and that /sys should be used instead.  I had problems with a
fiberchannel SAN system not being able to 'discover' new LUNs with the
stock qlogic drivers in 2.6 (rhel4) even though this works fine in 2.4
(rhel3)