[CentOS] Remote Install/Anaconda

Matt Martz mdmartz at gflug.net
Wed Apr 4 13:53:29 UTC 2007

I have started playing around with remote installs using vnc and kickstart
files.  However I cannot seem to find a good listing of anaconda
parameters.

And where I am running into problems is with the display.  Say that I am
using a kickstart file and I don't want it to establish a vnc connection
or to show progress on the console what can I provide to anaconda to do
this?

When I add text to the kernel line then it goes into an attended install
and doesn't read from the kickstart file.  If I sepecify nothing for the
display it prompts at the console what display to use.  And I can specify
vnc but I don't always want to watch the automated install.

Any suggestions?

--
Matt Martz
CentOS Mirror Admin