[CentOS] Re: System requirements

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 01:03:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 18:46:05 +0200, Grzesiek wrote:

> System requirements for CentOS 5 minimal installation (console and ssh)
> are....128 MB ram, 256...? I can't find this information in rhel5
> installation manual.

You can find it in the CentOS 5.0 Release Notes:

  o The graphical installer is for systems with over 512MB of memory.
    Using the graphical installer on systems with less than 512MB may
    cause problems.

  o The anaconda installer needs at least 128MB of memory to work, and
    will only use text mode if the system has less than 256MB of RAM.