[CentOS] How should I create a repo on Centos 2.1?

John Summerfield

debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Apr 5 10:55:48 UTC 2007

I tracked down a createrepo rpm "for RHL 7.x, AS 2.1" etc (hosted by
Dag), but it's uninstallable.

Eventually I managed to create an rpm from the source (actually, that's
fairly easy when onw knows to say "python2"), but python-urlgrabber has
completely defeated me.

According to Dag, the problem is that "upstream" doesn't see the need to
support RHAS2.1/Centos2.1/RHL7.x amd such.

While I can, if forced, solve the problem by a personal visit to the
site or by creating a repo on the other side of the Internet, there
should be a better general solution.

What is it?

--

Cheers