[CentOS] Re: Re: command to ensure other command does last longer than5 seconds

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Sat Apr 7 19:39:21 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 12:13 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 14:08:35 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
>

> > Almost forgot - you might enjoy looking at the "trap" command in bash (and
> > other shells).
>
> Is there a C-shell equivalent of trap?

Never used C-shell. Man csh shows a section "Signal handling" that
mentions "onintr". In the builtins later on,it has "hup" processing and
an expanded description of "onintr". Doesn't seem to be quite as
powerful as bash's "trap", but without testing, one never knows what was
omitted from the docs.

The onintr seems to handle the special condition of traps for interrupts
of a general nature and hang-ups specifically. If *really* handles
general interrupts, implied by the use of that word, or just interrupts
as from the keyboard, is unclear to me.

Regardless, from a quick scan of its narrative, it seems less powerful
than "trap". But that may be only due to my ignorance.

--
Bill