[CentOS] Centos 5 timeline?

Andy aegoss at vicnet.net.au
Sun Apr 8 02:14:58 UTC 2007

On Sunday 08 April 2007 03:00, centos-request at centos.org wrote:
> I wonder if this is one of the most anticipated releases or if it just feels
> like it is. Either way the mirrors should be getting hammered when it's out.

I suspect this release is widely and eagerly anticipated. There will be many our here like me who are looking to migrate to a stable, long-term upgradeable distro that comes with a specification that is not far behind the latest "cool but buggy" efforts. Some people want a Linux to experiment with, others need one they can rely on to earn a living. CentOS 5 looks like it should fit the bill.