[CentOS] 3ware cards and new firmware in 9.4.1 codeset

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Mon Apr 9 22:21:54 UTC 2007

Michael Watters wrote:
> John R Pierce wrote:
>> Michael Watters wrote:
>>> Wow, that's stupid.  I guess we'll be switching to Adaptec cards...
>>
>> I'd go LSI Logic before I'd let anything Adaptec near my systems
> LSI Logic cards are really buggy in Linux, we've had nothing but
> problems with them.

The trouble with adaptec RAID cards is that they just don't work....

and adaptec are less than useless at providing drivers or support...

I have a six port adaptec SATA RAID card which I got with an HP server,
in the end I ditched it and went software RAID because the Adaptec card
drivers just didn't work....

Additionally, CIFS is not a disk filing system, (as I believe has been
said already) so I am not sure what 3WARE are getting at here,

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_systems

Following th CIFS link takes you straight to SMB as you might expect.....

P.