[CentOS] CentOS 4 - prevent X from installing?

Tony Mountifield

tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 14:59:46 UTC 2007

So, I've just gone through a enw CentOS 4.4 install. I selected the "Custom"
installation type, and then in the part for selecting which packages to
install, I specifically did NOT select X, Gnome or KDE, nor any of the
graphical tools.

However, when it finished installing and rebooted, I still ended up with
X installed, a graphical login screen and default run level of 5.

Does anyone know which default packages might have caused X Windows to have
been dragged in?

I'll do some digging, but I had an idea this might be a common problem.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield