[CentOS] How to create a virtual machine? (Centos-5-beta-xen)

Marcelo Maia Garcia

marcelomgarcia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 08:41:56 UTC 2007

Hi,

  I am trying to create a virtual machine with FC6 inside a Centos 5 (beta)
Xen host. I am following the documentation of Fedora[1].

  I used the "virt-install" command, and every went fine until the moment to
create the partitions on the virtual disk (file "/var/xen/fc6.iso" with
10GB). No matter with option I choose: remove all partitions, remove linux
partitions, use free space, etc, does not work. The message is:
"An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on wihich to create new
filesystems. Please check your hardware for the cause of the problem."

  The documentation seems so straightforward!

  Any hint or comment will be welcomed.

  Cheers

Marcelo

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC6