[CentOS] NVidia Quadro4 200/400 NVS CentoOS 4.4

David A. Woyciesjes david.woyciesjes at yale.edu
Wed Apr 11 20:01:20 UTC 2007

Michael Velez wrote:

>> 	Well, color me red and call me stupid! That was way too
>> obvious & easy... I added this :
>>
>> ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules,
>> /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia, /usr/lib/xorg/modules"
>>
>> This time it couldn't find the module nvidia, which appears
>> to be in...
>> /etc/modprobe.d. Unless that's not the file I'm looking for
>> (as eyes glaze over...)
>>
>> 	Slowly getting there...
>>

> My X log file tells me the nvidia module is in:
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so
>
> Again I'm assuming you would have to replace lib64 with lib.

	Hmmm... Mine is in /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers. I wonder, the
ModulePath options are supposed to be comma separated. I'm getting the
felling that I didn't format it right. Should I have left out the
spaces? No wait, man xorg.conf says the strings ignore whitespace...
	Adjust the ModulePath line ( add /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers), or
symlink to the file?

--
--- David Woyciesjes